A dedicated problem solver committed to completing projects both in the short and long term involving all flavors of Linux whether in the cloud or within reach. I've been engineering solutions, racking and stacking for a decade. I'm always hungry to learn something new and figure something out.
Platform Engineer, CoreDial
June 2019 - Present
Part of a lean Linux engineering team responsible for much of CoreDial's VoIP telephony platform and infrastructure with exemplary use of FOSS technologies.
- Part of a team helping maintain a highly available VoIP and hosted PBX platform across open-source technologies such as FreeSWITCH and Asterisk.
- Administration and maintenance of ~700 hosts across the cloud and in several data center locations spanning Red Hat, CentOS, and Ubuntu.
- Reducing toil through Ansible, helping us configure and maintain patching, script and cron rollouts, installations and whole builds.
- Projects range from building database and application servers, environment migrations, P2V migrations, mass monitoring deployments, and much more.
- Helping maintain a 24/7 monitoring and alerting stack with Prometheus and Grafana, and customizing those deployments with Prometheus' textfile collector and PromQL.
- Building useful and robust dashboards in Grafana to deliver instant, simple and powerful metrics.
- OS and kernel tuning and performance improvements.
- Working on everything from KVM host maintenance, to racking and stacking Dell and HP hardware to EC2 environment builds.
- Day-to-day tasks range from managing our Bacula backup solution, adminstering users and DNS via FreeIPA, and typical ticket issues while being able to delegate and self-start accordingly.
- Create and drive multiple off-hours maintenances presented and peer-approved and thoroughly documented.
- Rotating in and out of a 24/7 on-call schedule.
Linux Systems Engineer, HighPoint Solutions (Acquired by IQVIA)
April 2017 - June 2019
Heavily responsible for AWS environments of multiple biopharmaceutical and commercial clients. This role leaned heavily on the healthcare space. I was also involved in maintaining physical hosts in a colocated data center, as well as migrating them to AWS.
- Primary engineer for multiple clients, responsible for assistance and execution of tasks such as maintenance windows, upgrades, and reporting.
- Extensive engineering of AWS for clients: standing up EC2 machines, managing their sites with ELB, Route 53, and Elastic IPs.
- Frequent use of S3 and S3 bucket policies to structure and enforce data access to larger clients.
- Use of Pure Storage and NetApp for volume management.
- Adhered to change control requirements for validated environments of larger clients.
Linux Systems Engineer, Contour Data Solutions
June 2016 - September 2016
VMWare administration and engineering across 150 Windows and Linux servers.
- Installed and configured SolarWinds and InfoSight monitoring for new and existing clients.
- Visited client sites to determine best IT related solutions.
Linux Systems Engineer, CardConnect
February 2016 - April 2016
Deployed a fresh RHEL Satellite environment (server and capsules) for content across King of Prussia, Philadelphia, and St. Louis for a mid-sized payment processing platform.
- Engineering Nagios for alerting.
- Participated in weekly security audits. CardConnect as a firm worked extensively in payment processing, as such there was a lot of scrutiny on transactions that needed to be examined thoroughly.
Staff Systems Engineer, Health Market Science (Acquired by LexisNexis)
April 2011 - November 2015
Administered and engineered an environment of over 1000 virtual machines running RHEL 4,5,6 atop ESXi 5.5, including a physical environment of 250 hosts running RHEL 4,5,6 for a mid-sized healthcare analytics company, helping grow the infrastructure which later led to an acqusition by LexisNexis.
- Configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of RHEL, CentOS, and Windows virtual machines.
- JBoss and Tomcat administration and engineering, working with multiple development and QA teams to provide constant support.
- Engineering of Jenkins deployment service to push and maintain development, QA, and production code.
- Tidal Enterprise Scheduler support, deployment, and maintenance (RHEL).
- Active Directory, Windows 2008/2012 Server configuration, and Exchange administration.
- Maintained HIPAA compliance.